Get help from Adult Social Care

What we do

Stockport Council Adult Social Care helps people in Stockport (aged 18 years and above) to prevent, reduce or delay their need for care and support, and helps those who need extra support to live as independently as possible.

How Adult Social Care can help you

We will:

  • Give you information and advice
  • Consider your needs and the most appropriate ways of meeting them

We may:

  • Signpost you to local organisations providing specialist support
  • Offer you short term support to increase your independence
  • Offer you equipment or arrange home adaptations to help you live safely at home
  • Carry out an assessment of your care and support needs and determine whether you are eligible for long-term support
  • Provide an independent advocate if you need help with understanding your rights and the choices you have

Click on one of the buttons below to find out more: