Short breaks

Young lady with learning disabilities with her carer

What is available for people with learning disabilities?

For people with learning disabilities, Stockport has two guesthouses for short break holidays. One of these is in Gatley, while the other is near the centre of the town.

Both these guesthouses have facilities specially designed for people with learning disabilities, and trained staff are on hand for support and help when needed.

What accommodation is on offer?

  • Hallfield Guest House
    This has six guest bedrooms, some with double beds, all with en-suite bathrooms. One bedroom is on the ground floor with a wheel-in shower. Two one-bedroom apartments are below the main guest house, with their own private access. Other features include lounge and kitchen areas. The guest house provides excellent opportunities for people to have greater independence, with the peace of mind that friendly professional staff are on site in the main guesthouse. There are lots of opportunities to join in activities and to socialise with other people.
  • 55a Beech Avenue
    This is a bungalow providing a peaceful atmosphere for guests who prefer a relaxing time. There are four bedrooms, three on the ground floor and one upstairs, all provided with wash basins. There is an adapted bathroom on the ground floor and a conventional bathroom upstairs. For trips out and about there is also an adapted vehicle.

Who can stay there?

These guest houses have accommodation for people 18 years old or over, who live in Stockport and who have learning or physical disabilities. Firstly, we would need to do an assessment to work out if a short stay would meet your needs. After this we will talk through and agree your requirements with you and discuss the help and support available to meet them.

What is an assessment?

How much will this cost?

The amount you pay depends on how long you stay and what services you receive. You could get help with the costs. To see if you qualify for any financial help, we will help you to complete a financial assessment form.

Get in touch

You can contact the Adult Social Care Team for all referrals and enquiries. We'll talk with you about your needs over the phone and make sure we have all the up-to-date information about your situation. We may then visit you to discuss your personal and practical needs and what support is available.

Contact us